Saturday, April 18, 2015

Turn Negatives into Positives

The process of turning negatives into positives begins in one place:  your mind.

How we perceive things colors our life.

In this post, I will first discuss what I have found to be helpful.

Words can be very powerful, especially when you are experiencing something that you perceive as negative.

Try to view negatives as challenges.
Instead of saying to yourself  "I've got a problem!", say "I've got a challenge!"

When I was a single parent, I told myself "I'm parentally challenged!"
When one views problems and negatives as challenges, it helps equip your mind to seek out concrete solutions so you can put them into action.

When I was unemployed, I was "employment challenged".

If you're having relationship problems, you're "relationship challenged".

If you're having troubles in school, you're "academically challenged".

If you have insomnia, you can say you're "nocturnally challenged".

The word "challenge is viewed in a positive light; whereas, the word "problem" has a negative connotation.


p.s. I took these photos of Meadowlark Lake in the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment